Legility seeks an experienced Futures and Derivatives Compliance Attorney to work with a global agribusiness and food corporation. The Futures and Derivatives Compliance Counsel will cover listed derivatives on US exchanges and global exchanges along with OTC products, US, and global regulation regulations (e.g., Commodity Exchanges, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MAS, MIFID).
The Futures and Derivatives Compliance Counsel should have experience with derivatives, working with traders, operations, and all of the different business areas in a global organization trading derivatives. They should also have an understanding of EFPs, futures, transfer trades, and other products.
This is a remote, contract role expected to be close to full time hours for the next 3-5 months.
- Exchange, FCM, hedge fund, or derivatives bank experience.
- Knowledge of US derivatives exchanges rules and clearinghouse rules, CBOT, ICE, MATIF, and others.
- Able to respond to exchange inquiries and investigations, handle position limit questions, prepare hedge exemption applications and work with the clearing firm on other types of routine requests that come in.
- Good communication skills necessary, team-player, investigative personality, and follow up skills.
- Prepare and respond to various requests from counterparties that are received.
- Prepare policies and procedures, assist with compliance training, and other on-going projects that are taking place within the global derivatives team.
- Ability to work hours that overlap with Europe, but mainly US hours.
- Understanding of counterparty FCM agreements, give up agreements, ISDA compliance forms, and other types of requests that are received from counterparties, the firm receives.
- Active US law licensure
Leader in legal operations and New Law company Legility (legility.com), provides consulting, technology, managed solutions and flexible legal talent engagement services to corporations and law firms. The company has more than 1,000 lawyers, engineers, consultants, technology and data specialists, and operational experts serving one-third of the Fortune 100 and one-quarter of the Am Law 200. Founded in 2000 and formerly known as Counsel On Call, Legility works with corporate legal departments and law firms to improve operational efficiency.
Our attorneys, paralegals, and other legal and technology professionals choose to work with our company because of the many flexible, non-traditional and professionally challenging work options the company provides – whether our attorneys and paralegals want to work 15 hours a week or 50, on-site with the client, remotely, individually or in a team environment.