Legility seeks an experienced Global Sourcing & Supply Chain Attorney to assist a large manufacturing corporation. The Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Attorney will draft, review and negotiate a variety of procurement and services contracts and other vendor and commercial agreements, and provide support in connection with the procurement process. They will also provide support for the business and operations teams on environmental matters related to operations, and provide other commercial legal support to the business. The attorney will also report on laws, regulations and issues pertaining to the business sector and recommend company strategy and policy.
This is a full-time, remote, contract opportunity of indefinite duration.
- Manage global sourcing and global supply chain transactions related to procurement of products and services from vendors and suppliers while getting exposure to and advising on a broad range of commercial and corporate issues.
- Interpret laws, regulations and rulings, and prepare necessary legal documents
- Contribute to achieving both corporate and business sector strategic goals as proactive member of corporate staff and functional partner with other business and specialist counsel.
- Provide training on a proactive basis to procurement, supply chain teams, business, and corporate staff.
- Select, retain and manage competent, cost-effective outside counsel as needed, and frame their performance goals, guide their work eff orts and monitor their performance.
- Advise on potential liability and ramifications of services, equipment, materials and other products purchased and the terms related thereto.
- Assist the facilities with and advise on environmental issues related to operations
- Manage outside counsel engaged on such matters as needed, provide updates to on such matters to the facilities and business (and others in the legal department as needed)
- Contribute to cross-functional or departmental projects and teams.
- Provide timely, accurate and expert legal counsel to business management, commercial organization and operations.
- Provide legal support on operational issues related to the paper mills and converting facilities.
- Assist with oversight of litigation and claims, manage outside counsel engaged on such matters, provide updates to advice on such matters to the business (and others in the legal department as needed).
- Responsible for strategic and tactical advice with an enterprise-wide views
- Minimum 10- 12 years relevant legal experience, including experience in negotiating and drafting procurements agreements and vendor/supplier agreements.
- Experience with environmental matters preferred.
- Must possess experience analyzing, preparing and conducting strategic negotiations for a broad array of commercial transactions related to procurement and strong negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to concisely communicate complex legal issues to non-lawyers.
- Active US law licensure