Legility seeks an experienced Software & Analytics attorney to assist a large healthcare corporation. The Software & Analytics Attorney will handle a variety of commercial and technology-related legal services for various business units of the company. Responsibilities include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, handling related transactional issues and disputes, and counseling business managers on legal issues in connection with vendors, product offerings and other business operations.
This is a full-time, remote, contract role expected to last 3-4 months.
- Managing multiple business relationships and prioritizing workload.
- Experience demonstrating a high level of proficiency reviewing, negotiating, and drafting technology (SaaS) contracts, vendor agreements and related commercial documents.
- In depth understanding of regulatory compliance, risk management, and intellectual property concepts.
- Working knowledge of the general structure, management, and day-to-day operations of corporate organizations.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials; admission to practice in good standing as a member of a U.S. jurisdiction is required.
- 5 plus years of experience providing legal counsel to clients, including law firm and/or inhouse experience primarily focused on commercial transactions
- Experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and closing commercial agreements and legal transactions and handling regulatory issues
- Experience negotiating vendor agreements
- Ability to advise on legal issues dealing with trade secrets, advertising law, registration, and other resolutions which may include the computer and technology industry, and healthcare industry.
- Broad, “generalist” legal knowledge that allows for expeditious problem identification
- Acquired business acumen to support risk management and navigation of organizational relationships
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and other federal and state privacy laws, rules, and regulations as well as regulations applicable to the electronic payments or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge with technology licensing is preferred
- Experience working in a high-volume environment and drafting Payor and Provider agreements.